View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #88
Wolzal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
1) It legitimizes the market demand for adventure games in a very public and open way, distanced from all other possible factors. These are people saying "I want an adventure game, BECAUSE it's an adventure game, and no other reason." Think of all the times Double Fine was probably turned down by publishers on an adventure game pitch over the years. This proves them wrong.
This ignores the cult of celebrity. If it were Tony Warriner it would not have received as much of a response.

So it's more a case of "I want a game, BECAUSE it's made by Tim Schafer/Double Fine, and no other reason."

If you want hard data on the demand for this style of game, you only need to look at sales figures.

I too am bothered by the lack of any proof of concept or proposal, we have no idea what they intend to make, which I find really astounding. If they were seeking funding then surely they have a proposal or concept ready to go.

I also find it bizarre that they were only asking for $400,000. Surely if Tim Schafer came to The Adventure Company, Microids or Home Focus saying he wanted to make an adventure game on a $400k budget they'd jump at the chance.

With the inclusion of the documentary series, which they now plan to spend more money on, coupled with the lack of info on what they want to make, I can't help escape this is all a massive stunt.

Do they intend to reap all of the financial reward, when they carried none of the risk?

Charitable organisations wish they'd get this sort of response.