View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #47503
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Great translator!

By the way Upsie, my dear Nemesis. I am planning on learning Finnish one day. I don't know why, but I just want to go there one day. And learn the language of course. Mwuahahahahahaha!!!

-
Eeep!

Also, when did we become nemesis...es... nemesi... nemi... plural nemesis?

Actually, I just read somewhere that the origins of the word nemesis are very different than what it means today. Something rather positive, even...

Anyways, do, learn, come! And hey, you can start a study group with Luna Sevithiainen! (Semitiainen, I like to think her name as being (what a wonderful sentence, no? "like to think her name as being" )) And then come and conquer Finland with the girl power and power of Three and all that (Three because I'm sure that Luna's companion-whose-name-I-forget(-I'm-sorry) will come too (unless Luna is so taken aback by my Finnish charms that she'd rather be alone that time...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
How many languages can you speak already Jaz? For me, two is enough: Dutch and English, although German would be handy too, because I live so close to the border.
Pfft. I speak Finnish and English fluently, Swedish okay and German to some extent, and I don't think that's at all enough If I spoke German also fluently, then also French and Spanish, maybe a bit of Italian and also something like Chinese, then I could think "okay, no need to learn more languages"

You know, I wanted to ramble.