View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Oscar
Senior Automaton

Ok thanks for that, I might go onto #2. Or restart #1, depends on how I feel. I was really enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
By saving regularly, having a separate save at the beginning of each day, and using some common sense*, you should be able to avoid the kind of situation you're now in.

* I really don't want to sound like a prick, and believe me I know how it feels to lose hours of progress in a game, but when a game has something like 10 characters, and one of them refuses to talk to you, you should know that you've done something wrong and restore immediately... At least back then, it was obvious to everyone, and I don't think the designers were trying to trick anyone into a dead end.
It wasn't like that. I went to the healer's hut at the start, talked to her and grabbed some potions, then went back hours later and found out it was locked. There was no indication she would shaft me.

Also, Sierra has a limit of about 10 saves, and I save every couple of minutes. To make room for more I had to delete my early saves.

If anyone has a mid-game save for a magic user that would be great. That may be wishful thinking though