View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Sandman

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
Just thought I'd pipe up and say: what!? They disbanded just because the forth game received mixed reviews? That's pretty lame. They had a good track record, what with SH1, 2 and 3... One weak game shouldn't have finished them off! Unless there were some other reasons as well; such as debts etc. Haven't the current IP holders (forgotten their name) made more stinkers in comparison?
There multiple stories on why they disbanded. Most acceptable one is that Konami itself disbanded the team. However, SH4 was not the reason.

Disbanding does not mean they are dead or there aren't other guys there.

Keiichiro Toyama, director of SH1, went on to direct Siren/Forbidden Siren, another survival horror. Although not as good as SH, he did pretty neat job with Siren.

Quote:
I've only played SH 1, 2, 3 and Homecoming, so I'm not 100% clued up on the series and its history like I should be. I am planning on playing the fourth, despite its criticisms, Shattered Memories and Downpour, though I'll most likely be renting the latter. I am looking forward to this HD collection too!
Trust me SH4 isn't as bad as people say it is. It is pretty good in terms of story line. & the average ratings it got are around 70% plus.

Quote:
And I agree with Sandman: the series needs to return back to its original creators in Japan! At least their horror is more subtle compared to the typical Hollywood scares and shock tactics that plague games and movies!
thanks.

I just would like to add one more praise to the Japanese: Fatal Frame