Adventure Forums - View Single Post - Dear Esther
Thread: Dear Esther
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #60
Shuyin

In the mod, you walk in the environment and sometimes you trigger audio narration (some kind of poems, with not much of a coherence overall).

You're not really in control of anything except the walking part. I guess deciding what environment you want to stare at and for how long, would indeed distance it from a movie, yeah. Other than that it's pretty much a very linear experience that 'plays' without you doing much.

I'd recommend playing the mod before you pay money for it, but hey... it's your money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
I remember once playing around with software for architectural purposes when I was young, like it was a game...and afaik, Will Wright did the same, hence the inspiration for The Sims.
Playing around with architectural/modelling software like it was a game, does not make it a game. No matter how much you play with it
And i'm quite sure that's not what inspired Will Wright to make The Sims; he has quite a background of making simulations and after his Sim series he wanted to make a more complex simulation hence The Sims and Spore.