View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #93
Datadog

I shouldn't have attempted to take on all of Act II in one setting. This thing is huge! Got through it, of course - but, man, whenever I thought the next act was coming up, the game just keeps on going!

My notes from this Act:

-The biggest thing that really got in my way were all the pixel-hunting puzzles in the dark. I even turned up the gamma just to see if I could spot these things to no avail. A lot of these backgrounds are perfect black (my matte painting teacher would go medieval on DN's background artist.)

-The interrogation scene is hilarious. LONG, but hilarious. Best game of Good Cop/Good Cop ever.

-CRACK IN THE WALL. AUGH. PIXEL-HUNTING. DARK BACKGROUND.

-New Favorite Character: Gable. "That's okay! We're none of us perfect!" Such a great upbeat attitude for a gargoyle.

-Got the crowbar again... I have a feeling this is a game bug. When I use it on the vases, he comments on how I shouldn't have it unless I'm a play-tester or hacked the game.

END OF CHAPTER
Spoiler:
-Aha! I knew we'd come back to this scene! Discword always replays the intro halfway through!

-AWESOME TWIST. Man, gotta wait another week now! Want play more!

I'm starting to develop some theories on this case. I'm throwing up the spoiler tags in case I guess anything right, but I thought I'd share it in case it amuses anyone who already knows whodunnit. (Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong, of course!)

My theory on the case to come
Spoiler:
is that I guess is that there's two killers. The Counterweight Killer and the Beast aren't the same person. The Beast is obviously a werewolf and came in from the boat, narrowing it down to two suspects. And I'm guessing that the Beast turned Lewton into a werewolf in order to save his life after being stabbed - placing Isla as the Beast. This also gives me reason to believe that Isla is also Therma, since no one trustworthy ever specified that Therma was a troll. As far as the rest goes, I'm still stumped on who's the Counterweight Killer, and what's Isla's connection to Malachite.