View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #69
SweetDalilah
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Well, as i said, i did finish Act 1 earlier but found it amusing to replay it just to see if i would remember all the stuff, and to get the hang of the story from the beginning once again. Seems like i was stuck second time more than the first one. Now, even though i can't really say pixel-hunt is the major problem with DN (the cursor is pretty big, and the game cunningly lights some clues with the strike of lightning) but that was exactly my biggest problem, since i've missed one critical area -
Spoiler:
cabin at Milka.
Yup, I almost missed that too. I'm really not dealing good with dark areas
Quote:
Also, a couple of "triggers" gave me trouble, like i wasn't sure what triggers
Spoiler:
Carlotta's note to appear in your office (i've found out that it's going to the back alley in Pier 5).
I had a similar problem
Spoiler:
I couldn't get Nobby to give me the location of Pseudopolis Yard, so I had to go back to saved game a couple of times, and talk to him for about 5 times until the location finally showed up on the map.

Quote:
i'm happy i've read the manual this time so i made good use of keyboard commands like F2 and F3 for calling Inventory and Note-book, and especially Home, End, Page Up and Page Down for navigating it. Now, even though Note-book and "clue system" is in great part what separates DN from the rest of adventures, i've still felt it like it could have been slightly better organized, but at least these shortcuts really make life much easier.
I used those a lot, too. It's really easier getting around with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post

You may say "It was easy for you, after all it's the second time you play DN, don't you?" and that's true, but this time I had trouble with...
Spoiler:
... getting to talk to Sapphire. I somehow had the notion that she has to go to her wardrobe before Lewton can speak with her, but she never seemed to be willing to leave the stage . So, I kept leaving Octarine Parrot, hoping that Sapphire will eventually retire to her premises and she never did. At the end I stayed a little longer in a bar and - what do you know! - Sapphire stoped singing and was ready for the interrogation.
Beside this, I had no bigger problems to reach the end of Act 1.
You really waited for her to go to the wardrobe? Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 210
Size:  2.0 KB

Quote:
Perhaps the puzzles are too easy for some very clever people
I'm not complaining Name:  nonchalant.gif
Views: 212
Size:  2.2 KB Name:  eyebat.gif
Views: 212
Size:  1.1 KB

Quote:
As for the DN humo(u)r/sarcasm - my English is too poor to express my delight in it. I'll just say that DN is one of the funniest AGs I ever played and its humo(u)r is one of the main reasons it's on my favo(u)rite games list.
Completely agree with you here Name:  nod.gif
Views: 211
Size:  2.3 KB

Quote:
This time I found jokes about Ankh funnier than ever:

Where on earth did you find this location Name:  confused.gif
Views: 211
Size:  1.1 KB
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough