View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #68
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Guess who reached .

You may say "It was easy for you, after all it's the second time you play DN, don't you?" and that's true, but this time I had trouble with...
Spoiler:
... getting to talk to Sapphire. I somehow had the notion that she has to go to her wardrobe before Lewton can speak with her, but she never seemed to be willing to leave the stage . So, I kept leaving Octarine Parrot, hoping that Sapphire will eventually retire to her premises and she never did. At the end I stayed a little longer in a bar and - what do you know! - Sapphire stoped singing and was ready for the interrogation.
Beside this, I had no bigger problems to reach the end of Act 1.

What can I say before I catch up with what players here have already written? I love DN and can't be too objective about it, but even if I try to be devil's advocate there aren't (m)any flaws of the game I could mention. Perhaps the puzzles are too easy for some very clever people , but I remember having a hard time when I was playing DN for the first time (that book about nobility, finding the tomb and getting the grappling iron spring to my mind). Anyway, as I expected, the Act 1 was much shorter for me now than it was 10 years ago. I knew I had quite a good memory (specially for my age ), but nevertheless I managed to surprise myself with the quantity of details from DN I still remembered.
There is one more place where I stumbled, but since that puzzle is meant to be solved in act two, I'll comment it later.

As for the DN humo(u)r/sarcasm - my English is too poor to express my delight in it. I'll just say that DN is one of the funniest AGs I ever played and its humo(u)r is one of the main reasons it's on my favo(u)rite games list.

This time I found jokes about Ankh funnier than ever: