View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Kurufinwe

That's an interesting question. It's true that sometimes I know I'll buy any game by a certain company, because I trust them and want to support them.

That was definitely the case with Kheops, because they went into a coma. They've had their ups and downs, I guess, but I'd buy any new game from them without hesitation.

That also used to be the case with Telltale — even more strongly, actually. Until not long ago, I would pre-order any game they announced, because I knew I'd probably like it, and I wanted to support them anyway... And then Back to the Future happened and sent every last bit of goodwill I had toward the company crashing into a wall at 88 mph. Call me weird, but I can live with a disappointing game from time to time, but not with a game constantly giving me the finger.

Of all the companies you list, I guess I sort of trust Amanita after Machinarium, and I'll probably buy their next game.

Frogwares's not on the list, but I guess they could be. After two very solid Holmes games, I'll definitely buy the next one — though that trust might not extend to non-Holmes-related stuff from them, so I guess the company's name is not enough for me yet.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]