View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #29
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
What's that? Does that enable you to use your actual hardware or something similar?
I'm not sure, but it *sounds* that way so I thought it would be best to enable it when setting up a VirtualPC...

Anyway, I tried installing it on Vista 64 first. No matter what method I tried (32-bit colours, 16-bit colours, windowed, full screen, original .exe, no-cd crack, etc.), they all resulted in the same: the game opens a blank window and crashes after five seconds.

So I installed in on my VirtualPC with Windows 98. Works like a charm. I've only just started, so it's possible that I'll encounter bugs or crashes here or there (fingers crossed that I don't), but so far I'm in business.
And it's not choppy at all! Yay!

And thanks to diego for letting me know how funny the manual is. I normally just toss the manual aside and just play the game. This one however was hilarious so I took the time to read it thoroughly.

I also love how Terry Pratchett is mentioned in the credits under "Too much interference:".