View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
diego

Did you guys follow closely the link SweetDalilah posted - http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...Discworld+Noir It resolves XP issues as well. MEGAginge's post in particular is what helped me, even though i'm yet to see how those crashes further into the game will behave. Also, you may want to pay attention to this post, and maybe one of those things like turning off subtitles and "windowed mode" will get you past the crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDalilah View Post
The Manual: Consists of 13 pages of instructions and 11 pages of explanations about Discworld, its position, cities, population, races etc.
Oh yeah, it's one of the better written manuals. My fav parts:

• Discworld Noir can be enjoyed equally well when played with the keyboard*

* This is in fact a flagrant lie. A mouse is obviously a better way of playing, but the keyboard can be used to speed up game play.

• Perhaps the most useful side effect of the smell is that in its long and undistinguished history, no-one has ever invaded Ankh-Morpork.*

* This is not entirely true. Technically, the city has been invaded on numerous occasions. In fact, the city welcomes free-spending barbarian invaders, but somehow the puzzled raiders always find, after a few days, that they don’t own their horses any more, and within a couple of months they’re just another minority group with its own graffiti and food shops.

• Right click means to press the right button once.*

* This style of text description is what is known in the industry as ‘bloody obvious’. However, as a mark of our respect for you, the punter, we include it here anyway. Besides, how many of you read the manual anyway? I know what you’re like – you get home with your new game in your hot and want to tear it out of that irritating plastic wrapping and get straight into the action. I don’t know, no patience in the younger generation, not like my sweaty palms and you haven’t got time to waste with the manual, you just want to tear it out of that irritating plastic wrapping and get straight into the action. I don’t know, no patience in the younger generation, not like my day… when I was a lad, computer games were in black and white, and you didn’t have CD-ROM drives, you had punch cards. You’d go to the shop and say "can I have the punch cards for ‘Way of the Exploding Fist’ please?" The shop assistant would punch you in the nose for being an impudent whelp. Ah, those were the days…