View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
SweetDalilah
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Hey SD, I must confess I was sceptical about you taking the role of a DN gamemistress
Name:  scared.gif
Views: 1510
Size:  660 Bytes Name:  tongueout.gif
Views: 1495
Size:  698 Bytes
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
but now I like the way you made the introduction .
I'm glad you liked the introduction, I know how hard it is for you to be impressed by anything. Name:  tongueout.gif
Quote:
(I specially love/enjoy the DN quote(s) )
Oh, yes. The dialogues and narration are written in a serious manner and they still manage to have a sarcastic and funny tone. You gotta love that Name:  evilgrin.gif
Views: 1501
Size:  959 Bytes Name:  tongueout.gif

Quote:
I wish you (and all the other players) luck, you're all in for a treat (DN is a great game).
Thank you Yes, DN is indeed a great game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAG View Post
Woo hoo! Thanks for starting this. I have to get this up and running on my computer by Friday so I can play this with you all! I'm super psyched!
Who wouldn't be excited about this game? Name:  tongueout.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Great, we have already started. I haven't installed the game yet, will do so tomorrow. I look forward to playing it again. It has one of the best intros ever.
Yup, I can't think of another AG where the main character dies at the beginning and then retrospectively tells us how it all happened. Really original. Name:  detective.gif
Views: 1504
Size:  365 Bytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shany View Post
Sweet, thanks for starting the playthrough, SweetDalilah!
You're welcome.

Quote:
This is the game that brought me back into adventure games.
I never actually finished it due to a terrible bug, but I hope to get into this playthrough and finish it properly this time. Though that will wait until next week when I actually get my copy.
That's nice to hear. I'm sure you'll finish it this time.
Quote:
I love the soundtrack. It's interesting how some themes sound (and are probably based on) music from the first two games, but are heavily modified to fit the jazzy, moody atmosphere.
Oh yes the music is extraordinary. Some songs have really funny lyrics combined with that nice jazz and blues music

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneS View Post
Using the instructions in the linked thread, I have managed to get my old copy to run! (It was not easy, and required the no-CD hack.) Unfortunately it has demonstrated a tendency to crash upon entering a new area, but so far every time I've reloaded and tried again it's worked the second time.
Yay. I'm glad you managed to run the game AnneS. I hope you won't be experiencing a lot of crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_93 View Post
Now, where did I put my game? *Starts digging through the piles*
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 1683
Size:  2.0 KB Name:  tongueout.gif
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough