Thread: Gray matter 2
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #35
inm8#2

It's a miracle Gray Matter came out at all, and it was a pretty good game. It had some technical flaws, but saying it's unplayable because of comic-style cutscenes or character models is absurd. Those are minor issues. Also, the background graphics and lighting were amazing.

To suggest Jane Jensen "settled for what she can get" is even more absurd. Nobody on here can possibly know what type of struggles she faced constantly facing budget issues and changing developer's hands. That's a slap in the face to not just her but virtually all AG designers who are essentially working for the fans and probably not getting enough remuneration for their tireless efforts.

The entitlement of some people never ceases to amaze me. People expected Gray Matter to be the best game ever and more because the wait was so long. I expected a very enjoyable game with great story and atmosphere, and that's what I got. Well worth the wait.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown