Thread: Gray matter 2
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #34
aimless
lost in rubacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
Lol, no. I just think every game that has some potential deserves a second chance...
I know you didn't say it was arrogant. I was just lazy, harking back to the previous poster. All the same, I'm not sure I agree with you. When I think the only potential a game has is to spawn a sequel as annoying as it was, I'm not all that ready to give it a second chance. I guess puerile humor is not my thing, nor having to move everywhere at a snail's pace. But it's mostly what passes for humor. I'm a long way from 12. Is that better than saying baldly that Vampyre Story is not a good game and doesn't deserve a sequel?

As for Grey Matter, they'll have to improve the graphics considerably for me to even think of playing it, much less a second offering. I can't stand comic novel graphics in a computer game. They look like cheap, ugly shortcuts to me and really put me off the game as I watched the trailers. I keep thinking that Jane Jensen settles for what she can get not what she should hold out for, considering the esteem in which she's held. This is not 1990-something, she could insist on better. Of course, that might mean another ten years getting it published. It was ten, wasn't it?

Finding a nice, cozy rock to hide behind now.