View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #56
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Great quiz, and i think So There got the bonus. Funny, i've never heard of "The Movies" before even though i like that type of games, and movies as well. I should try it.
I was disappointed with The Movies. But that's mostly Peter Molyneux's fault. He keeps on announcing future games that will have an abundance of options and different ideas in it, and when it's time to release the games, they've been toned down to about a tenth of what he had promised at the start.
I'm seriously pissed at all the Lionhead Studios games' so far. None of them were what they had announced to be.
Basically: Molyneux aims for the stars and then fails to deliver.

As a game to make movies with, The Movies is pretty limited (much like Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair), but it's possible that the Stunts & Effects add-on fixes a lot of these issues (never got the add-on because I didn't like the game that much).
And as a Hollywood Tycoon type of game it's rather standard. They put a lot of different ideas in it, but none of them were decently developed.

Together with Black & White 2 (also by Molyneux and Lionhead), it's possibly the worst game I've paid top dollar for...

Well, to be honest, it's a lot better than Black & White 2, that one was just awful. Instead of improving on the first B&W, it took away the ONE thing the first game had going for it (the charm of "raising" your animal - in the sequel it was more like managing than parenting)...

Edit: Thanks for the great quiz, SD!!!