View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
TiAgUh
handsome

5- Indeed I missed, wth. Maybe cuz it was late and stuff...gotta have my beauty sleep ya know.
But allow me to question your opinions again :

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reimagine
Quote:
Definition of REIMAGINE

transitive verb
: to imagine again or anew; especially: to form a new conception of : re-create
1 and 3 - They have the father-looking-for-young-daughter plot and they have the weird foggy town with monsters. What more is SH? The cult? That wasn't in the 2nd aswell. They changed the meaning of everything, creating something anew; with a (mostly) blank slate. Zelda Redux would only need to have a "Zelda" and a "Link", the rest would be up to the dev team. It's not like the original game wouldn't be there anymore.
4- We seriously need variation from stuff we're running from? You're not exactly trying to figure out how to kill the mofos; SH1 creatures were only varied design-wise (size and uglyness) since they were all slow and clumsy (cept the oh-so-original zombie dog). And too many 'hurting' and/or 'cuddling' always ends the same way = death, so what's the difference here?
2- I guess you find the story just decent cause you didn't give a f about the characters so I have nothing to say about that since I quite think some of their subtleties passed a bit over your head (not calling you dumb or anything dude, even if you are a little*).

What mythos? The 2nd one and Homecoming were nothing like the 1st and 3rd (haven't played the 4th or psp games).
The only thing they had in common was the mysterious town and the way it messed with the characters' inner-demons. Wasn't that in S.Memories aswell? The difference was HOW it did that -- something that was just vaguely explained in the 3rd...by a nutty bookworm that only speaks in riddles --, and then changed the number of characters actually being affected to just 1: Cheryl\Harry.

I guess in the end it's all up to our understanding of what a reimagination is supposed to represent. You say you aren't a SH fanboy and I believe you (liar liar!) so maybe you just found it sucky overall, despite being a SH game or not (even tho I get the feeling you didn't like it just cause you were expecting something else, mythos-wise, as you say).

*Name:  girl_angel.gif
Views: 402
Size:  17.6 KB

Btw, if you played the 4th: how does it compare to the others?