View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 12:50 AM   #10
ragnar
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It sucks purely on a technical level. The fact that it runs only on XP alone gives me reason to take many points off. Something got screwed up, the game contains a civil war between its trying to wow you with eye candy and sustaining a solid gameplay. The casuality is the frustrated gamer. Ironic, isn't it? The first 2 Thief titles were criticized for being a bit backwards graphically, and now this one is being spanked for being too demanding on systems for its graphics.

Oh, and this thread needs to be moved to General Gaming.
It runs on 2000 and XP, so it's not "XP only". I guess their reasoning is that anyone whose computer is capable of running the game doesn't use anything older than win2000. I saw somewhere that soemone succeeded in getting it to run on win98, but it was rather unstable, so I guess they don't want to support a platform where the game is known to be rather buggy. With that said I would say that the graphics isn't so good, imo, as to motivate the high specs. The gameplay is quite nice, but I have begun to tire a bit of it already.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony