View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
TiAgUh
handsome

Nice comprehensible review. But here's a few things (let's argue! ):

1-So you know it's a reimagining yet you complain about how different it is?
2-The cop (forgot her name) and Lisa are supposed to reflect yours and Cheryls' psyche, namely sexuality and guilt -- you know, those psychology-tests-thingies from Dr. K.. And the cop was also Cheryl's memories trying to become whole again; a guidinglight of some sort; a "lighthouse". *wink-wink*
3-Again, as you said, it is a reimagination, so why would they want to create a new name when Dahlia's there for the taking?
4-You're telling me SH1 creatures were scary? Or that PS1-era polygons made them scary i.d. your imagination?
5-The "voice acting is all over"? And this is coming from some1 who played the others SHs? ...Really?

Heres my two cents: I myself don't mind if it has the SH name or not but dang they should've gone with something else cause blinded fans seem to get all enraged cause they miss the symbolism-filled world, missing entirely the fact that Shattered Memories deals with symbolism differently and perhaps in a more complex way (with just a few in-your-face moments). If it went on and about without the SH name, people wouldn't be so bitchy and wouldve seen the game from what it is: a brilliantly made game; a gem -- but then again, what does it matter? Why can't they just see it as it is? A reimagining.

But now that we're at it: SH2 town and creatures had a neat meaning there's no denying that but come on it's filled with mostly stupid characters, iffy writing\voicework and a predictable main-plot (am I seriously the only one who knew how she died 5min. in?); It's a great game but not an example of fine art or some BS like that. Why all the crazy praise?!

EDIT: See what you did Guyra ? I'm starting to sound bitchy myself now

Last edited by TiAgUh; 01-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.