Thread: Gray matter 2
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
rtrooney
Codger

I am one of the commentors that didn't like Gray Matter. There are any number of reasons. Unrealized expectations would top the list.

Now I will admit that an alien dropping in on Earth, who never saw an Adventure Game before, and encountered a computer loaded with a copy of of Gray Matter might find it incredibly entertaining.

But for me, who has played a LOT of Adventure Games, and has a fair store of comparative references, it just wasn't good. The basic story was adequate. It might have made a good book, but not necessarily a good game. Voice acting was pretty good, and the music was excellent. Graphics and 3-D rendering of the characters was borderline amateurish.

Maybe, with a new publisher and a new develpment team Jane could produce a GM2 that was what GM1 should have been. Time will tell. But if she were to announce it tomorrow, and it took another five years to see the final product, and it wasn't an improvement on the original by a whole other order of magnitude, it will have been a waste of her time and our's. Just as the first one was.