View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
harald

Great, another thread for posting lists. I love these things.

I've taken advantage of several holiday sales at Steam, GOG and similar places this year, and now I have around 25 games waiting to be played. 2012 is going to be a busy year. Here are the ones I've already started playing. Some have been on hold for over a year.

Dark Fall: The Journal
This seems like a terrific game, but I can't get into it. I've heard so much praise about it and I'm really digging the atmosphere, but I keep getting lost in the corridors and losing track of who this or that character is. I really hope I'll be able to continue.

Myst IV
Having technical problems, which I hope to solve this year. I think I know what needs to be done, I just have to get around to it.

Police Quest 2
Exciting game, but ever so frustrating to play. I think I'm at the last segment soon so I'll probably finish it this year.

Gabriel Knight 2
We (a friend of mine and I) really need to finish this soon. Not just because it's a wonderful game, but because GK3 and Gray Matter are already waiting for us on my shelf, and have done so for over a year already.

Back to the Future: The Game
I played the first episode when it was free, and it was all right. I've bought the full season now but my expectations are frankly a bit low.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
I'm stuck at the last dungeon, and the magic meter in the top-left corner of the interface has burned onto my plasma TV screen. (I'm playing it on Wii-ware.) But I have to finish it this year nonetheless so I can get on with the next Zelda game on the timeline!

The Dark Eye
Is it an adventure game or a collection of re-imagined Poe stories? I'm not sure, but I'm loving every second of it and expect to finish it soon.

I finished 12 games in 2011, so assuming I'll spend about the same amount of time playing games this year, I expect to play and finish the following games as well:
The Manhole
Dreamfall
Casebook Trilogy
Blackwell: Deception
Jolly Rover
Trauma
Back to the Future
Fahrenheit
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Jurassic Park: The Game
Puzzle Agent 2

And finally, there's the fact that I can never resist buying a new game every couple of months. I think The Book of Unwritten Tales is the next game that I'll pick up, and will probably start playing it as soon as I have it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I plan to get a Nintendo 3DS some time during the next few months, so I'll probably be busy with that too. The above list might be a bit optimistic then!