View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #27
fov
Rattenmonster

Yep, it's Myst, and I think the "characters" are the brothers in the books.

For a laugh, here's what some other reviewers said about it:

Quote:
Okay, i'll agree the game was a good alternative to the all the first person shooters out there, but what are you susposed to do with it after you've solved all the puzzles?

Call me crazy, but I think one of the most important factors of a good game is replay value and Myst just doesn't have this. When you get stuck on a puzzle, there's nothing to do but ask a friend who's beaten the game what to do next. And as i've asked before, What are you susposed to do after you beat the game? (and please don't say "you could always play it again", because if you do, i'll know you're truly a geek)

I know it would defeat the perpose of this genre of beautiful non-violent games but I would like to see a combination of Myst and Doom in the future. A game where you could kill a few monsters while you're between quests.
Quote:
What what game I'm describing. It's old, it's puzzling, and it's a blockbuster game. It's, you guessed it, Myst. And that is probably the easiest puzzle you'll get concerning Myst, too. Since it is a popular game that was released a quite a long time ago, you've probably heard of it by now. I'll just say this one thing: If you're deaf or impatient, AVOID. There is a puzzle that involves matching piano tones...heck, even if you're NOT deaf, it's still quite a puzzler! But don't fret...you can beat this game in FIVE MINUTES if you know how, and it can be found in the many game walk-throughs of the Internet. After all, with the difficulty of THESE puzzles, rest assured, you'll be looking for one!
Quote:
I got it as a gift from a relative and when I played it made no sense, I went everywhere, and it was just sooooo boring that I haven't played it since and that was 3 years ago.
Anyway! Kurufinwe, you're up!