View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
AnneS

Default Mean Streets: Worth Playing?

So, back in the nineties Under A Killing Moon and Overseer were two of my favourite games. I never got to play The Pandora Directive, widely regarded as the best of the Tex Murphy series, but that's something I'm planning to do in the new year.

Having replayed Overseer as part of the community play through, I want to revisit the other games in the series before I do. However, I'm trying to work out if I should go right back to the beginning and play Mean Streets or skip to Martian Memorandum.

I gather that the gameplay in Mean Streets is completely different from Overseer but the story is the same. Since I tend to be more invested in the characters and stories in games than the puzzles, this puts me off somewhat. I also gather that there are action and driving sequences, and as I have the reflexes of a dead goldfish I tend to end up loathing those parts in adventure games. (You don't want to know how long it took me to get past that one gunfight in The X-Files back in the day.)

In light of which, I'm wondering if I should go straight to the second instalment, and perhaps come back to Mean Streets later on?