View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #17
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Glad everyone's enjoying the list so far. And whenever you don't, bitching's half the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Unless it was confirmed otherwise... i dont think that guarentees a game wont be on the list??
I can confirm that none of the "You might also likes" are on the list. Although one game from a franchise might still make it if we've simply recommended the rest of the series elsewhere.

These aren't "honourable mentions" per se, but for the most part we tried to pick only the best of the rest, so they end up serving in that capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
*I seem to remember Jackal wasn’t really taken with it and frankly, I can’t think of any current staff members (apart from ex-staff member Kuru ) who would vote for Obsidian.
I'm pleased to say you remember completely wrong. It was me who ensured it made the list. In fact, I think I might be the only one on staff who's played it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
i don't think there will be any, apart from semi-text games like Larry 7 and older Legend titles. The site had never reviewed those, and somehow, they're a genre on its own, they would need a totally separate list as i see it.
I don't want to tip our hand, but rest assured that text adventures have not been overlooked. You're right, though, the wealth of options posed a challenge, so we decided to... oh, but that would be telling.