View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #34
purple

Hey guys!

Yeah, some updates right now.
Sorry for my long absence.

A few weeks ago, we relaunched our public bulletin board and also added a facebook-page for incoming news and materials, so it would be nice to meet you there!
Facebook as well as our website will be available in english soon, too.

But now a short summarization of what happened.

First: The project has failed in fall 2010, yes, the truth.

Because of his studies, the leader had to leave the project in fall 2010. Right before that, also the programmer has rat us out - but without any announcements of his sudden lack of interest. It's been a hard time for the rest of us, and finally the team broke up.

Dave (SFX and music) and myself (graphics and animations) were talking about the future of our project, for which we've worked so hard. A programmer was still missing and everything seemed to be so senseless.

But we decided to go ahead. We figured out the problems the project had, which finally caused the failure.
Dave and i took over the project (we're the leaders now), gave it a new name, changed huge parts of it's storyline, i remade all of the graphics with a very consistent style to make them look professional, and so on and so on.

Now we're Apeiron Studios, a (partly) new team of developers with a complete new game and what we aim for, is quality as professional as it's possible, and that wasn't realizable with 10 totally different graphic designers in the matter of talent and skills.

But finally, at the very beginning of 2011, programmer Nico became part of our team. We're so happy with that, and since then, it's the first time the project can go ahead without any hurdles ever, and we've made big advantages this year!
Seriously, i would say Nico is the very best programmer for the Wintermute Engine, except of the developer himself of course.

So now everything's fine, except of the fact, that Simon and i are the two only graphic designers for ROTT, although he hasn't that much time to spend into the project and i'm responsible for 95% of the graphics - I think you can imagine how much work it is. So new graphic designers, who are able to fit there skills perfectly to our graphics style, would be welcome in our team!

But i'm sure we will make it, no matter how long it will take. Our team is small, but we're complete and all of us fit perfectly to each other - that's our hugest strength. And i'm pretty sure that we will be able to release our Demo somewhen in 2012.

Last but not least, some current screenshots:

Keep us in mind!

Last edited by purple; 12-22-2011 at 06:22 AM.