View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
Mad Manny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
like Indiana Jones: The Fountain of Youth. That was at a time when I thought they would pull it off, but they’ve been at it since 2000, so I’m not holding my breath. That's okay, I'm sure they had a lot of expenses and I don't regret my donation.
Haha ouch.
edited: You're right Ascovel, I don't know enough about the project to quite make that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Kickstarter c.s. is not quite the same thing, unless you donate a couple of dollars just to support a project. For me, it’s an investment in something I really want and I do expect them to deliver the goods, as promised.
Yes good point, that funding websites are bit different from regular donation, it's indeed more of a promise, which is exactly why I'm disappointed that so many of the game projects are in its early stages as I feel that it's almost to the point of irresponsible to promise anything at that stage,
personally I would start visiting these sites regularly if every single project was required to have a playable-prototype (even if just showing a video of someone playing it), but it's a bit sad to me how the games section is padded with stuff that will never see the light of day IMO, but I guess for the funding website itself the more projects the better, they don't have a financial incentive to exclude projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap View Post
and partly it's an appreciation of the games I've already played for free, so that even if it falls through it won't feel like I've thrown the money away.
Ah good point, myself I was surprised at first how well Cognition did as their trailer was just concept-art but I'm starting to think their previous freeware game (which I haven't played myself) plays a big role that people want to reward them for their previous game.

Last edited by Mad Manny; 12-18-2011 at 11:16 PM.