View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #11
Fien
Senior *female* member

Compared to a happy 2010 and an outstanding and productive 2009, this was not a very good year for me, adventurewise. I can only echo Gray Pierce: “this is wrong on so many levels.”

New
Gemini Rue. Terrific game. Played it twice. I noticed a couple of weaknesses the second time, but who cares. No game is perfect.
Black Mirror 3. I wanted to see how the whole thing would end and I got what I deserved. Mediocre. I agree with others that the first BM was the best.
Broken Sword 1, Director’s Cut. Only because I got it for free at gog.com, or I wouldn’t have bothered. My opinion of BS was confirmed once again: nice game, not top class.
Harvey’s Neue Augen. Not out in English yet. Loved it. Perhaps not as much as Edna and Harvey, but I had lots of fun with Lily.
Bracken Tor. Oops! You’re right, that was a childish thing to do. But it was beyond my control.

Indie
AGD’s remake of King’s Quest III. Great job! Highly recommended. They added so much great stuff to the original.

Old
Starship Titanic. Humorous, unique, nice graphics. Wonderful in almost every way, but.... too difficult for me. I got hopelessly stuck and confused. I think you need a specific mind set to finish it without a walkthrough.
The Colour of Murder. I promised myself I would play at least one Carol Reed game from beginning to end. I did it. Now I know for sure those games are not for me.

Replays
GAG. Flawed game, but great fun. Even more fun to play it together with others in the community playthrough.
Tex Murphy: Overseer. Always a pleasure to renew my acquintance with Tex.

Plus a dozen other adventures I didn’t finish because I got bored or ran into technical problems...

EDIT: I should add the casual adventure lite Escape from Ravenhearst.

Last edited by Fien; 12-18-2011 at 02:47 AM.