View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
aimless
lost in rubacava

The Book of Unwritten Tales: This is my choice for the best AG game of 2011. The graphics were beautiful; the English voice actors were wonderfully good; the characters were distinct individuals, quirky, fun and for the most part, likable (even the NPCs). I prefer inventory puzzles and got my druthers there though the rest of them were fun. The ending was a little rushed, as if the developers were caught up in what they were making and suddenly realized they'd better finish if they expected to publish, but I wouldn't mind if it never did end. Marvelous game.

Zork Grand Inquisitor: At last, I was able to play this and I can honestly say I've never played anything like it. Who cares if the graphics are dated? This game is a total hoot and it's easy to see why it's considered a classic. And a unique one, at that.

Alter Ego: Does it count if I didn't finish it? I hated this thing and tossed it about a third of the way through.

Last Half of Darkness, Society of the Serpent Moon: Nobody is better than Bill Fisher at making your skin crawl with the things that slither and scuttle through his games. (I guess that's a compliment. ) Tomb of Zojir is my favorite, I think because the first person perspective allowed for more of a feeling of immersion in the dark worlds he creates, but I had a great time with this one.

Black Mirror 3: A good game, I liked it, but I never did really understand the explanations for all that had been going on at the end and I got a little tired of Darren/Adrien looking as if he'd been run over by a truck. BM2 was far better and the best of the series, IMO.

The Next Big Thing: Ridiculous, confusing in spots and for the most part, fun. The graphics and the totally weird characters were the best thing about it. It cracked me up that the villain looked exactly like Willem DaFoe.

Grim Fandango. Okay, I know, bold. But for me this is still the best game of all time and I play it every year.