Thread: TES V Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #93
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
You're not alone in it, some prefer it that way, some need it to convince their parents to let them play the game at all. There were parent convincing mods for Oblivion and there are for Skyrim.
How realistic is the blood in this? Actually realistic or over the top gory?
Cause I don't mind gore. In fact, I always take the "Bloody mess" perk in Fallout, just because it looks better that way. Always fun how in Fallout 3 a headshot not only resulted in a decapitation but was somehow powerful enough to tear out all limbs too!

Quote:
Mages cruise the early levels because you can practically one shot everything. You can keep it going with the dual casting upgrades (both hands wield same spell) but eventually you have to address the fact that you're a paper tiger and learn some protection spells or enchant some armour with mage robe like bonuses.

I prefer to carefully manage a strong melee companion and keep them alive with Restoration magic (healing hands), and boost them with Illusion magic (rally). But that means I'm still at risk of becoming a pin cushion or ambushed.
Is the game harder or easier when playing as a mage? And how about as a melee tank? Allround I mean, not just the first levels.

My question basically boils down to: how well balanced is the combat system?