View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #24
StingingVelvet

My mother played AGs when I was a little kid. I remember watching her play Space Quest 2 over her shoulder when I just a tyke. I was into NES and SNES as a kid, but I would watcher her play PC games from time to time.

Somewhere around 1993 I got into PC games using her computer. The early games I remember playing myself are King's Quest V, Blue Force, Under a Killing Moon, Betrayal at Krondor, Doom, Dark Forces and Rebel Assault. It took off from there and before I knew it I had sold my Nintendo collection to buy more PC games!

I think I experience the golden age pretty well. I played all the Sierra classics from about the 4th iteration up, all the Lucas classics and a ton of others. I did start playing more and more RPGs and shooters eventually though, and even today those are mostly what I play (still on the PC, can't give it up!).

I do play adventure games sometimes though, like Gemini Rue and Lost Horizon. I admit though that the main reason I am here is nostalgia... I keep buying modern AGs, but rarely do any of them capture me like they did in the 90s.