Thread: TES V Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #81
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Geez, who's cranky today? No wonder you have so many disputes with people on the forums.

After reading your explanation I still don't understand what you mean by "actual work in a game" and how this differs from "actual work put into a game". Why would the amount of the user's input be a sign of quality in a game? If I finish the main quest and decide not to do the side quests out of lack of interest, isn't that more telling than anything else that it isn't up to standard? Or am I just lazy? I suppose you could argue both - many players give up on adventure games because the puzzles are too hard. I don't blame them for that and wouldn't say they are not "putting enough work" into the game, yet I don't blame the developer either and wouldn't want them to make the game easier for their sake.
Cranky? I'm not cranky, just stating my opinion and facts. But I think i'm not going to be able to explain things to you. You can't seem to grasp the conversation. Again, i'm not talking to you. I was reply to burns.

You'd think I'd actually be cranky especially how you put words into my mouth, saying how I think people are ignorant for not rating a game higher. I'm only stating a psychological basis of a certain gaming audience which you can read in any game development text book and how that can affect a person's choice to rate a game badly.

If you read reviews on games that can be beat in 5 hours, the main complaint is that there is no replayability or anything else to do in the game. How long the game is on the main quest doesn't make a game bad. Thinking about eating a $50 stake. Do you eat it fast? You can, but you can't savor it. That is the exact idea behind playing games like this. Rating a game because you only played the main quest and complain about how short it is? Well you will be ignored.

Anyways i'm done talking. If no one else understands what i'm saying, please say so.

Note: Oscar, why are you continuing to talk about what I'm talking about if you still don't understand what my original post was about, especially how I've already explained it.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/

Last edited by Monolith; 11-22-2011 at 02:05 AM.