Thread: TES V Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #79
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
There's no point imposing a single standard on everyone so that if they don't like something that you do, they must be ignorant. Most art has great time and effort put into it - are you saying you yourself would never give any game a bad rating, Monolith? That's rather boring, isn't it?
Notice I said "actual work in a game" instead of "Actual work put into a game". One describes the user's input. The other is the developer input. Learn to read.

It wasn't even a reply to you. Maybe you should read what i'm replying to, to understand what i'm talking about.

A good example is the type of person that hates a game because they beat it in 5 hours, and did nothing else but the main quest. This is a common thing for gamers who don't play RPG's but only games that get the media attention. Who knows they might be a Gears of War gamer or Uncharted gamer and aren't exposed to these types of games.

Edit: And in reply to me not giving bad ratings to a game. I really dont give bad ratings. I play games I think i'll enjoy, and I pretty much never have expectations beyond what is advertised. Over and over someone complains about something because of an expectation that came out of thin air. The last game I had huge expectations for was Half-Life 2, but I knew what I was getting into because I watched the tech demo's, I watched the trailers, and so on.

I avoid games usually when the bad ratings are given because of game mechanic flaws or just being bad. Not because a reviewer thought it could of been better if the game was more colorful or because the character voice should of been different. Gameplay flaws are factual, opinions are usually not. I enjoy games, I know when I feel like playing an RPG or not. I know when I'm tired of playing adventure games. Thats the thing, if I don't really feel like playing it, then I will not get the most out of it.

Every game I played in the past year I absolutely enjoyed with the exception for a couple of mechanical flaws like in Dead Island.

This also leads to my opinion on people complaining about overmarketing a game. There is nothing wrong with it.

Thats all I'm going to say about why I rarely rate a bad game.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/

Last edited by Monolith; 11-22-2011 at 01:03 AM.