Thread: TES V Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #58
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Well, since I already play pen-and-paper RPGs with my boyfriend and our friends once a week, I really don't care if a computer game, be it Skyrim or Dragon Age, is capable of replicating the table-top dynamics verbatim. Nor I care if such a game can be defined "hardcore role-playing" or not. What is that supposed to mean? A stats-full, rule-heavy game Ã* la Dungeons & Dragons? If so, I don't like it! To me, the greatest RPGs are the ones who give the player every instrument to roleplay his character to the fullest and the storyteller every tool to create a spellbinding story, without splitting hairs every two minutes about hundreds of rules and sub-rules. Yes, I'm a World of Darkness buff

Anyway, when I play a TES game, all I want is a deep, vivid, realistic world to explore in all its nooks and crannies; an engaging main story enriched by dozens and dozens of side quests; multiple factions to join and the possibility to make, from time to time, some choices to shape who my character is. And, for now, Skyrim is delivering this in spades.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box