View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #25
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzo View Post
People have many different opinions. I respect that.

But I think that controlling a character makes a very big difference in a game. In fact, I have already played Heavy Rain and unfortunately I could not have the same feeling when playing Jurassic Park. I wish I could.

Please, note that I have nothing against using my reflexes on games because I also play action games like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and inFamous. But despite the difference between the types of games I think I can feel when a game is well produced. So, I can say Heavy Rain and LA Noire are very well produced and so are Uncharted and Assassin's Creed. However, I don't feel the same about Jurassic Park. Maybe because I haven't still played enough to make a true impression about the game.

Perhaps, playing Jurassic Park a little longer, I can make a different opinion about it. I hope so.
I respect that. Though that is why I said it was a mix of that and GK2 or any FMV game. Heavy Rain definitely has a lot more control over the character than GK2 or again FMV's, minus the inventory system.

I personally think Tell-tale made a valiant attempt at making a more action oriented game, but I'd also hope they could improve on it and do more. That's the thing, I love the way they do their episodic style content and i'd love to see a more Heavy Rain/LA Noire esque episodic game. Maybe a darker more violent crime drama. Maybe they could utilize this to pick up the Police Quest games.

Seeing them pick up the Hector: Badge of Carnage series. I have faith that violence or crude humor isn't a limitation for them. Possibly I made consider getting them to help finance a game i'm working on that gives the player the option to choose between casual and adventure game modes, each with its own set of gameplay, including an episodic style set up.

Maybe i'm just an optimist.

Actually I feel like Tell-tale pretty much brought back FMV adventure games which is hard to do. Anyone agree? There are so many I miss and to see the FMV style gameplay come back gives me hope.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/