View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrisguitar View Post
telltale are so formulaic, and so middle of the road for me. yes its nice they are making the AG a little more mainstream in this current climate of gaming tastes.

then again michael bay makes films for the mainstream, coldplay makes music for the mainstream. you get where im going with this.

this is all my opinion of course. im drawing the paralells because that's what I think. but i know and understand why others enjoy some of their games.

i dont care if i sound anti-AG when i say this but i feel almost happy they are getting bad press. lack of originality is one of my pet peeves. and telltale lack it 100% in my opinion. to then try and con good review scores highlights their lack of creative thinking.

sorry i know this is a slightly harsh post. just my opinion though, not trying to start an arguement just want to express my opinion is all.
The release of Jurassic Park is everything against what you said. Though I wonder, you complain about AG's being formulaic, yet look at Shooters....and every other genre out there. Formulaic? Yes. What makes it break that mold? A unique artistic vision that also redefines gameplay. To complain though, I'd say just chill. No one is forcing you to play these games.

Though I do question, what is the difference between a good game and mainstream? I've seen plenty of non-mainstream games that are just bad. Though, I say mainstream is just generalizing it too much.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/