View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
aaroncarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzo View Post
Yes, there are lots of quick time events in the game, but I wouldn't try to compare Jurassic Park with Heavy Rain. You would be very, very disappointed. (Like me.)

Well, anyway, if I give 10 points to Heavy Rain, I would give 3 points to Jurassic Park (at most).
With Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain, there was a lot of discussion as to what these "games" were classed as. In the end i'd class them more as an interactive movie than anything... Jurassic Park has been compared to Heavy Rain.. but in the end Heavy Rain does it so much better. I think what makes a game a game... is the INTERACTION. And with Jurassic Park it just doesn't feel like you are controlling a characters movements or actions. I think the "game" would of really benefitted from some areas where you can freely move the character around the environment and properly explore... instead of the parts where it feels like you are moving a camera from left to right... it just feels really limited. Imagine how good it would of been to walk around the scenes of jurassic park...

Ahh well. I am enjoying it.. but like I have said, it COULD have been a LOT better. Better look next time Telltale... please don't f*** up Kings Quest.