View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Monolith

I was born in 1988 and by no means had a wealthy family. My experience began in DOS, which had a host of games from CRPG's to Adventures (Zork or the original Sierra adventures). Computers were indeed expernsive, but we were able to get one.

A lot of our experience came from my dad bring home shareware games from work (A paper manufacturing company), which they had a working computer there and a lot of employees played games on their free time.

My most fond memories came from a shareware game company that had Wiz in its name. Don't remember the full name lol. Duke Nukem 2, Doom, Wolf 3d, etc.

I wanted to be a game developer from a VERY early age, but by no means was it the product of being wealthy. Damn I miss modding wolf 3d and Duke Nukem 3d. Not to forget Arena and Daggerfall. I recall make a fantasy rpg mod for D3d. Scary spider monsters, portals, fantasy weapons, etc.

Oh not to forget about the original 3d fps Catacomb 3D. Fond memories indeed. Then again, I still think gaming is at its best now since despite focusing on holding your hand through the beginning of the game, games now are the best interactive story telling medium.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/