Thread: TES V Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #44
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
COD has plenty of quests. "Kill all the dudes in this place", "go to that spot", etc. That's basically the same objectives you get in Skyrim just a little sugarcoated.GTA does. Is GTA an RPG now too? Vast open worlds aren't a prerequisite of RPGs.I wouldn't call Skyrim's conversations nonlinear or dynamic.Bullet trajectories can be pretty random especially when fired from the hip so it is pretty much a roll of the die whether you hit or miss. However you also have to manually aim so it is skill based as well. Just like Skyrim.

Conclusion: CoD = Hardcore RPG. lol.
I'm done with your limited reasoning. First you're saying my reasoning makes CoD a Hardcore RPG, yet you fail to encompass all my reasonings and just attack certain points, not to mention you change gaming target to GTA. If you're going to attack my reasoning, you have to stick to one game because if you compare eat feature to every game, then any game can be compared to any other game.

Hey, in Gears 3 you can kick a football. Hey its a sports game! Thats your reasoning....so what else makes a sports game a sports game? You fail to see that.

If you're going to tell me, my idea of calling Skyrim a game that can be a Hardcore RPG, just like that Gears 3 sports argument, then tell me why Skyrim isn't an Hardcore RPG. Because all i'm seeing is "Its not a hardcore RPG because it just isn't" or the vary limited brand of thinking "It doesn't have a success or fail system. The player has too much control over what happens".

Though I think TiAgUh is right. There is a difference between modern RPG's and pen & paper RPG's. Of course, but it doesn't change the fact that Hardcore is how strict it is to the RPG elements, which Elder Scroll series has been good about. Sure the old Elder Scroll games were more Pen & Paper than the last three games, but how does evolution of interaction make this game less so of a Hardcore RPG?

Now its your turn to explain to me why Skyrim isn't a hardcore RPG.

(I don't know why I get offended off of stupid little shit. I'm sorry, i've been like this for some time. I need to stop. I just don't know how I can fix myself. :/)

http://www.sbnewsom.com/

Last edited by Monolith; 11-17-2011 at 01:22 PM.