Thread: TES V Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #35
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
According to Monolith's way of thinking, Call of Duty is a hardcore RPG. No use arguing with a guy who thinks like that.
Note: Sorry for the long post. I just had to cover all bases once again since it seems that people don't know how to read or lack the ability to comprehend simple ideas.

Does it? Does COD have Quests? Does it have a vast (possibly) open playable world? Does it have dynamic/non-linear conversation mechanics? Is damage calculated based on dice rolls or chance based on your skills?

Really?

You can say i'm calling everything Hardcore, but seriously. Look at the game. Skyrim can be hardcore, why? Because its all about how you play it. Still think i'm a raging elitist lunitic? No, i'm the person that doesn't deny a way of playing the game.

What is hardcore? Hardcore is defined by how close it is to the original design/person/concept. Is COD a hardcore RPG? No, because the only thing remotely RPG is Experience to unlock perks and weapons.

Skyrim has every single thing that makes a D&D pen and paper game. If you haven't noticed, it does a better job than previous games because you can actually play the game you want to play, choose the character you want to be, live life in a world without someone infinite possibilities.

So, in the end, are you seriously going to accuse me of saying that any game is a Hardcore RPG, yet ignore everything I've said that explains why I say Skyrim can be a Hardcore RPG?

Not to mention calling me Elitist. Do you even know what Elitist means? Someone who thinks there is only one way. Am I saying there is only one way, in terms of my thinking? No, of course not. I simply stated why the game can be a Hardcore RPG, yet you shot it down while ignoring everything I've said in my original post.

To answer the question about what I think isn't a Hardcore RPG? I already said it. Anything that isn't a pretty much anything that isn't a western rpg. Which was a joke, but if you know what i'm talking about Western RPG's are pretty much derivatives of the D&D game formula.

Before anyone even replies to this, READ MY POSTS. I've already given sufficient evidence to my reasoning and opinion.

Edit: Also Oscar. So your opinion of a hardcore RPG is where you do nothing and your stats do everything. lol No.

Action in a Pen & Paper game, the ability to position your character on a board or use range or melee is the equivalent of skyrim, with the addition of more "Advanced" gameplay.

Furthermore, Elder Scrolls since Arena minus the spinoff's and ignoring Oblivion, have been very hardcore games. Keep ignoring what makes a game hardcore, let alone what makes an RPG hardcore and you'll have a silly old man saying one bias opinion to another.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/

Last edited by Monolith; 11-16-2011 at 10:10 PM.