Thread: Azrael's Tear
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
Banter

I got this to run well in dosbox by messing with the configurations. It will be trial and error and it will depend on your system OS and hardware... it is worth the hassle though, the game is a real gem and there is none like it.

"Actually, there's one exception, one character where at first you believe he's just as deranged as the rest, because he talks in such an arrogant manner, so belittling and full of himself. But, he deviates insofar that in the end he seems to be pretty much normal and a good guy. He's like the reverse of Cobweb. Too bad what fate has in store for him."

I know what you mean. Everyone you talked to said he was evil, insane and self-centered and that he would lie to you given the chance... but it turns out in the end that he was the only one with remnants of sanity, and the only character that really helps you and doesn't lie to you. He is the most obscure of the knights and the one you find out less aboutm though. We do know right from the start that he personally ordered the death of 6000(or was it 600?) slaves and servants in a cold hearted manner. He is certainly not a good man.

Actually, that part in the end where he helps you, I was always unsure if he *really* helped you or actually tried to kill you! You can argue that the path he leads you in is better then the other, but it doesn't mean much.

I had some sympathy for Talum because he was the only one that felt genuine fear of God and remorse, but the guy was completely insane. If you pay attention to certain things and pick certain conversations you will find out that he was part of "Malick's court", he dabbled in human sacrifice and paganism as many of the other knights... and he betrayed his best friend. He is consumed by guilt, deformed, and tries to kill strangers on sight. The conversation tree where you have to pacify him by using information gathered is probably one of the hardest things to do on the game without a walkthrough.

Jack is probably the one character who is arguably not evil. But then again he has been exposed to grailstone for much less time then the knights. That and there is the fact that you can find out he is lying to you and playing you like everyone else if you say certain things to him. He is working as a spy for Tobias when you meet him.