View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
Banter

I just read an interview with Anne von Vaszary(writer of the game's story and characters) which was linked to me on another forum. She certainly hints at a sequel:

Quote:
Adventure Corner: Der zweite Teil endete ja mit einem Cliffhanger. War die Fortsetzung von Anfang an geplant? Und wird diese Fortsetzung wieder ein offenes Ende haben?

Anne von Vaszary: Beim zweiten Teil habe ich nur die Story entwickelt (zusammen mit Achim Heidelauf), nicht die Einzelheiten, Rätsel und Dialoge. In meiner Version gab es ein abgeschlossenes Ende. Das war allerdings schon 1,5 Jahre fertig, bevor 'Black Mirror 2' rauskam. Diesmal habe ich zusammen mit Tom Fischer und Michael Holzapfel von den Cranberrys jede Einzelheit und jeden Dialog geschrieben. Die Geschichte mit dem Fluch und den Gordons wird im dritten Teil zu Ende erzählt. Aber das Spiel heißt ja nicht „Der Gordon-Fluch“, sondern „Black Mirror“…
http://www.adventurecorner.de/pages/...ne-von-vaszary

My german is not good enough to translate this without making a fool of myself, but she is basically saying that while Black Mirror 3 is the end of the story concerning the Gordon curse that started on the first game, the game is not called "The Gordon Curse", but "Black Mirror". The interviewer asked her if this game would have a cliffhanger ending like the second one and she kind of took the opportunity to hint that it would not, but that it would not really mean the end of the series either.

Now I'm really hoping for a sequel to be announced sometime in the future. After the hints at the ending of BM III and this particular comment coming straight from the devs, it certainly seems like a good possibility.