View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
Banter

I had forgotten about that conversation with Valentina. I really liked the setup we were left with at the end because it reminds of the basic plot of Gabriel Knight... unwilling american discovers ancient european heritage, gets rid of ancient family curse and becomes some sort of modern day witch-hunter. Awesome.

I suppose there could be more "black mirrors" all around Europe, considering the pagan heritage of the old continent. It wouldn't be much of a stretch having some in the Americas and Africa as well. I wonder though, why and how would our main man go about hunting them down? He doesn't have any training, holy artifacts or religious knowledge to help him out. That is one thing that should have been setup better at the end of BM III if the devs want to take the next game this route.... Adrian is just a physics student who has been to hell and back and defeated an ancient demon.

Timovieman : Negative opinions of the BM games are pretty rare, and you shouldn't pass the games just because of that. If anything, all the buzz and great reviews the game got should lead you to play it.

Give it a chance at least. Watch some youtube videos, play the demo. I think BM is hands down the best adventure series of the 2000's. It is not on level with classics like Gabriel Knight, but then again that would be asking for too much.