View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 04:50 AM   #15
Phaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
It's really great that games like SoF and DMH get released on Steam. No offence to The Adventure Shop but there's no better place for exposure of a PC game than Steam. If the dev is smart and works out a way to get some sort of a discount/promotion with Valve people will buy it. Steam users LOVE good, low - priced games. I think that Steam could be the key to the revival of AG...

Just my 2 cents!
I'm perfectly fine with games being released on Steam, but I'd much rather buy games from gamersgate or Adventure Shop so I can get third party storefront client-free versions. I hate it when I have to run a client like Steam in the background - it's just intrusive and reeks of obligatory spyware to me, which is why I'm not happy that so many games these days downright force Steam down customers' throats, even when you get the boxed versions. It's just me though, I know some people don't mind it.

What are the chances of Stroke of Fate becoming available via other digital distribution channels? The Adventure Shop would be nice, as well as a review!