Thread: The Dark Tower
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Rolandesch

Default The Dark Tower

Well this is probably the appropriate part of the forum for discussing one of my favourite books of all time - The Dark Tower by Stephen King
I am interested in knowing if there are some people other then myself on this site that have read the books and are eagerly anticapating news on the movie. Last bit of news was that Ron Howard would direct and Javier Bardem was on board to play Roland Deschain and for the last 7-8 months the only bit of news was that Universal Pictures decided not to make the movie. It was supposed to be 3 movies and 2 TV seasons to cover all 7 books in the series. And now today I read that they were gonna cut $45-50 million from the budget and change the ending. Which kind of pissed me off.
So I'm interested in what people think of this whole situation, and if there are fans of the book here maybe give some of your ideas for possible casting choices and other things related to the production and the whole story in general.
I am also trying to vent this information in any form I can so even no disccusion is fine but I just need to mention it somewhere or I will go crazy