View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #2119
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

I've given Two Worlds II a fair shake, playing almost to chapter 3 for nearly a week and I just can't finish it. Its so terribly boring. As pretty as the landscape is and as varied as the monters are it does not feel like a world.

For one thing the entire game is fetch quests given by npcs who literally lie around on beds or sit on their asses. Its a criticism you could level at most crpgs but in TWT they go to great lengths to insult you with it.

So why did I play it for a week? As I said, its pretty to look at and the setting isnt medieval england with orcs and dragons. I tried to break the bordom up with horse racing and sailing the sea on apretty good simulation of a sailboat.

Aimlessly wandering an open world gets dull eventually and I could care less about fighting Gandohar any more when that fight is undoubtably going to be just like every fight getting to him. And my just reward will be some shit heel npc getting off their chair or bed long enough to grudgingly thank me, as though they did me a favour sending me on the quest in the first place, and offering me 50 cents as a reward to add to my bazillian dollars stockpile from selling all the mook's weapons gathered from my slain foes.