View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
m0ds

I realize this thread itself is old, but I have some good news - AdventureX is happening this December! I've had to downsize the event a little bit - it won't be held in London now but rather a town outside of London (Didcot). It's 100m from the station. Didcot can be reached within 45 mins on train from London, and also easily using the motorways M40 and M4.

All of the guests for this first, humble event will all be UK based adventure game developers, as it won't be possible to fund overseas speakers this time round. Currently attending and giving a presentation is Mr Bateman, one of the chaps behind Discworld Noir. I'm also trying to get some of the people I previously asked to turn up, and there will be many people from the AGS scene as well. Hope to also have some tutorials and debates.

It will still be a 2 day event, on a Saturday and Sunday, either 10th & 11th of Dec or 17th and 18th Dec. Something fun to do around the Christmas season.

There will of course be many point & clicks to take a look at, especially ones being made by indie developers. I will try and get some previews from commercial companies where possible. It's a chance to turn up, meet like minded fans and developers. There will be space for you to chill with your laptop and work on your own games if you feel motivated enough. We also have a bar so you'll be able to refresh yourself.

If people here are still interested please can you make a little post just so I know there is some kind of interest in it? All the details haven't been made official yet, and tickets won't be available until the end of October - I'm just gathering interest, as I realize the location isn't quite as easy to reach as London central. However, the venue is practically sorted, (I just have to choose the weekend, dependant on when the special guests can come).

If you have an adventure game in production you would like to be showcased, whether you can turn up with it or not - please email me! mark at screen7.co.uk - we'd love to show it.

Thanks for the support in the past, sorry it took this long to come to fruition. I'll let you know as soon as the website is updated. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by m0ds; 10-06-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: More info