Thread: LA Noire on PCs
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #54
Intense Degree
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Berkeley View Post
I'm saying it because it's stupid.

L. A. Noire has been made to run on a on a PS3, FFS. There is no reason it shouldn't be able to accommodate that low-end and also have new assets for the higher end on a PC...

It is a stupidity.
But what exactly constitutes "low-end" and where is the line between "low-end and "too old". The point may have been made in jest but should they accomodate Zefram's old 486 and where is the line drawn? There may be many people with seriously old computers, but there are also loads with only a PS2 rather than a PS3 and I don't think there should be a PS2 version.

Furthermore, the game will obviously not look and run as well on older machines (PC's) and the further "low-end" you go the worse it will be. If I was the developer I wouldn't want my modern game looking rubbish on a knackered old PC anyway.

Generally I would suspect that anyone who is serious about gaming (i.e. will buy full price titles) on the PC would be at least there or thereabouts with the minimum system requirements here and that is what Rockstar will be interested in.