View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #231
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Annabel is relaxing under the table, one of her favourite spots.

How cute. ^^

I too am remembering how nice it is to have a rabbit. Since I have only one of the two we used left (called "Lucky"), I moved him to a normal cage, instead of the huge 6 m² cage we had built them. Due to that I now have a much more direct contact with Lucky, and he's grown a bit less shy. He even awaits me every evening when I give him food, and takes the carrot flavoured treat directly from my hand.

My sister's boyfriend always chastised me that I was not taking care of my bunnies well enough. Truth is, he was the only one who said that, as everyone else was aware that bunnies, unlike dogs and sometimes cats, are not normally searching the presence of humans, even if you can get them used to that (as Annabelle is a perfect example of). Neither thing is a bad thing, but trying to force your presence on a bunny that is used to live a bit apart from humans (due to being in a huge cage and thus only occasionally having contact with them), is pure stress for the little fluffballs.

One of the reasons why he claimed the rabbits needed more attention and more contact with humans, because apparently he was once bitten by little Lucky. Take note that Lucky always was the shy one and also less dominant of our two bunnies. Speedy, the female (somehow it's always the females with our bunnies that are the leaders), was the brave one. Also, my sister's boyfriend was really the only one *any* of our bunnies ever bit. I really don't know why, because he doesn't treat them badly or anything. But it makes me grin everytime, because even though at that time Lucky was more shy and reclusive from humans than he is today, he still sometimes found the courage to come near me when I was cleaning the cage. I guess he just couldn't stand my sister's boyfriend. He is rather annoying with his attitude at times about how he thinks he always knows better.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!