View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 AM   #18
gray pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Wow, there's really no accounting for taste. I get a really similar feel with these two games, only I loved Nibiru and found Tunguska tedious as hell. Trying to get my bimbo character past a bumbling guard just wasn't as fun as exploring archeological sites in the jungle.
What I disliked about NiBiRu was that the main character had really no personality of his own. The same goes for almost every other character in the game. A story that was interesting but never really fleshed out. Instead you kept getting randomn bits of info without ever getting the whole picture and an ending that was as sudden as it was bizarre. The puzzles I found so simple I think even a 5 year old could do them and then suddenly at the end they get so incredibly complecated you have to be a mathematical genius to solve them. Still besides the end puzzles which I solved with a walkthrough I played the entire game in a few hours which for me is never a good sign. Secret Files: Tunguska on the other hand had a really well thought through story in which every titbit was explained and had a really satisfying and grand finale. The main characters may not be as fleshed out as in Broken Sword perhaps but at least they had a personality. And the other characters were also wuite distinctive and at times very funny. And the puzzles were not too hard like at the end of NiBiRu but also not too simple like in the rest of the aforementioned game. Plus to me SF: Tunguska has style, the grand Indy/BS kind of atmosphere to be precise. Something that NiBiRu was severely lacking.

Anyway that's my opinion.

Last edited by gray pierce; 09-21-2011 at 03:22 AM.