View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
skeeter_93
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I am very sorry about your sister... My brother and I grew up playing adventures and while I still play, he's moved on to shooters etc. I am often plying him with games and encouraging him to try them. You and your sister must've been close, and it's lovely how you are remaining close to her through her games and books...

I have played a few of the games, and I would recommend a couple to put at the top of the pile. The Delaware St John games were very good, as were the Agatha Christie games. With those, each game feels very different, so if you disliked one you wouldn't necessarily dislike the others. Missing since January and it's expansion and sequel are fantastic. I replay Missing only last year, and all the sites worked for me and I was able to proceed without a walkthrough. There may be one or two technical issues in the game, but I was able to solve those with the help of google. Barrow Hill and the Art of Murder games I didn't like personally, although I've heard a lot of people like them. Barrow Hill is first person in a lonely setting, Art of Murder was confusing to me, not letting me take things when I wanted... Ceville doesn't work well on my computer which is annoying and slows play, and also a little boring.

As for the casual games, Drawn is fantastic - practically a short adventure game. The Women's Murder Club games were very good, and the Mystery Case Files the best out of them all in my opinion. Dream Chronicles began well for me, but dragged as the series went on.

I hope some of this helps and you enjoy the games...