View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #22
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I was very fond of Legend as a studio devoted to more IF-like adventures. They should definitely be remembered for successfully continuing for many years certain traditions established by Infocom. However, I have mixed feelings about some of Legend's specific games.

I haven't played them all yet, but my favorite ones so far are Death Gate followed by Gateway. Those 2 were brilliant. I just wish Death Gate was a bit more challenging.

Spellcasting 101 didn't do it for me (nasty puzzles and not my kind of humor) and I never tried the sequels. Xanth and Eric were fun, but uneven and too silly to care sometimes (I prefer to play similarly pun-infested Quest for Glory games instead). Shannara was a nice piece of adventure gaming lite, but somewhat modest in its ambitions.

I was completely bored by Mission Critical and gave up on it after an hour or two - I don't understand the appeal it has for many people. Blackstone was very well made, but it finally disgusted me to the point I stopped playing near the end. Far too much physical and mental torture for me to stomach.

Oh, and Superhero League of Hoboken had a neat premise, but was weakly realized and repetitive.

Last edited by Ascovel; 09-12-2011 at 11:58 AM.